About Your Fun Wedding Photographer Rowan
I believe that all love is love, good things happen when people come to gather and that your wedding day is the opportunity to dress up and do whatever it is that YOU want to do. To hell with tradition and what everyone else is doing. If it makes you happy on your wedding day, go for it!
I love colour, authenticity, storytelling, dogs, fresh coffee, urban life, lush greenery, architecture, concrete, Eastenders, cake, history, the smell of the London Underground and dogs (again). I work with The Mayhew Animal Home photographing dogs.
I want to create beautiful images that you love and cherish as much as I love my historical family photos. They are my most treasured possessions. I am committed to learning, development and fairness. I gain so much from being with my peers; collaborating and growing as a photographer. I believe in ethical purchasing and in all areas of my business I try to buy fairly. I like to spend my money as an investment in the future – in people, the planet and our immediate environment.
You’re marrying your best friend and you probably don’t feel like a traditional couple; so you’re not looking for traditional wedding photography. I’m guessing that your wedding day is being organised around having fun and making the most of your time with all the people that you love the most in the world. You might be a little nervous in front of the camera, but that’s OK, I am too (I’m happiest behind the lens!). By the time you are reading this you might be a little fed up with wedding planning and feeling like you might just throw the towel in and elope (this is actually completely normal). It’s OK, you’ll get there. Keep going!
About My Photography Style
All my photos are in colour! I love colour and I try to make sure that my images reflect all the colours of your wedding day. I’m a documentary wedding photographer and I like to keep my images very informal. Emotions are so important and I’ll be working hard to capture the feeling of your day, not just how it looked (even though it’ll look AWESOME). I realise that your wedding photos are for the whole family, so I can help you plan your time to capture a little selection of group photos that the members of your wider family will want to see. I also love to collaborate with couples and have a bit of fun when it comes to taking portraits. And if you book me for a whole day, I’ll be in the middle of the dance floor capturing all the action (and loving it).
My Wedding Wish List
If you don’t have a dream how are you gonna make a dream come true? Dizzee Rascal said it. So did the folks in South Pacific. I say it too.
So, here is a list of dream weddings that I would LOVE to photograph. If you are planning a wedding like any of these, please get in touch because I’ll give you an exclusive discount to work with you.
1. If your pet is taking a major role on your wedding day. Is your best man a dog? Your bridesmaid is a horse? Hamster Ringbearer?
2. An elopement. Just running away and signing some paperwork? Awesome.
3. A bride that isn’t going to wear a dress. Planning on wearing a jumpsuit? Two-piece? Trousers? Yes!
4. An abandoned building for your venue.
5. Your wedding is at One Friendly Place in Deptford.
6. The Barbican Conservatory.
7. A rainbow colour themed wedding.
8. The Paradise in Kensal Rise.
9. The Bond Company in Birmingham.
10. The Victoria Baths in Manchester.
11. Kelham Island Museum in Sheffield.
12. Your cake is designed by Fondant Fox.
13. Your wedding is all about raising money for a charity.
14. Some part of your wedding is taking place inside an old London tube carriage.
15. Everything at your wedding is second hand (excluding the food and drink obvs!).